Wilson Family

Wilson Family

Sunday, May 25, 2008

26.2 miles - Seriously!!!

I did it, all of it! I hurt, I cried, I prayed, I finished! Last Saturday I ran 26.2 miles, a full Marathon. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Thanks go out to all my family and friends that supported me throughout the run, and especially at the finish line. Rawlee is my biggest supporter and is so happy that I have found something I enjoy doing. I love the spiritual, mental, emotional and yeah, the physical feelings I have as I run. Running is making me a better person in so many ways. Even though, at the finish line, I said "I never want to do that again", two days later I was already planning for my next marathon. I love this!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

You are my hero!

Emily said...

You are amazing!! I jogged a mile the other day and thought i was going to die. It really explains a lot about me.and you.

Anonymous said...

Dais-You rock! And you are a glutton for punishment. Are you still planning to run the Wasatch Back? Keep the passion alive!

Joy Boaz said...

Wow you are so dang tough!! I am so impressed and the pictures really say it all. Keep it up Daisy!

spike said...

Yes! Wasatch Back here we come. Rawlee has been running and is going to run it with me. I am so excited to do this with him and hope he'll like it and want to run other races with me. It's great to say "I'm going running" and have him say "I'll go with you". I love it!

GarrGroup said...

Daisy, you are my hero! That is so awesome. I think anyone that can do a marathon is amazing! I always get motivated watching or hearing people do these things. Then I try to run a mile and realize why I just watch!

Allison said...

I found your link through another blog. You are seriously amazing! I am all for a good workout, but I hate running. Although, I do admire those who do. Congrats!!!

Amylee said...

Incredible. You, and the fact that you ran a marathon.